Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Book #2

"The truth is, as long as we try to control everything around us, we will feel out of control and overwhelmed." p.2

So, that's where I was when I picked out this book. 

Tired.

Overweight.

Overwhelmed...

...and hungry, as usual.

I was extremely intrigued by Ms. Shepard's suggestions to overcome these emotions and, in the meanwhile substitute some of the comfort foods I'd come to depend on to get me through "those days".

But, not only were there recipes for the body, but recipes for the soul to go along with them...and they were wonderful.

1.Exercise not just your body but your spirit.
2.Hydrate your body and soul.
3.Eliminate excess in life.

I tried her recipe "Hummus with Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato" and fell in love...and found a great dip to bring to EVERY potluck I go to...ever.

Between the great food and the fellowship, this book has all the "fixings" (yes, pun intended) to coach you to that new attitude - both about life and food.

For me though, personally, on the more desperate end of "deprived and depressed" - I found this book to be sweet, but...in all honesty, I read it while downing an entire bag of Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles.

So, I guess I need to keep reading...

Onward and Forward!

* Thanks to Tyndale Publishers for providing me a copy of this book for free in exchange for my own, honest review...which I gave freely and in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment