Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

All things "Book"

The reason for this blog is because of my love for all things "BOOK".

~ New books with bindings that still have the “crackle” in them because nobody has opened them yet.
~ Ancient books that have more stories to tell than the words on their pages. 
 ~ Books that make me laugh, weep, scream in fear, argue in frustration, run to the computer to research…I love them all with a passion that sometimes confuses and concerns even me. 

Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books. – Bell Hooks
 
I see books as a tool ...
...for going somewhere I’ve never been, exploring thoughts I’d never thought, bringing forth emotions I couldn’t feel without having the right words…When I hold a book I’ve read and enjoyed, I feel an extreme gratefulness to the author for the experience and a silent prayer that the next tome I pick up will be as satisfying. 

"There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.  –Christopher Morley

This blog is meant to be an adventure.  It is meant to allow you to follow me on journey to the realization of an incredibly and deliciously book-ish goal, and for me to hopefully inspire you to have your own adventures within the covers of a book.

To get a better idea of what this is all about, explore the "The Challenge" tab at the top of the home page, and see what I'll be reading under the "2012 Book List" tab.  If you feel like doing a bit more reading (and let's remember that that's the whole point of this blog!) you can see just what crazy fool started all of this under the "About Me" tab.

Onward and Forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment